Asheville, NC, May 24, 2023 – The Forest Service Job Corps Civilian Conservation Centers (CCC) are hosting an In-Person and Virtual Career Fair and Hiring Event on June 8, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Ashville, NC.
Event registration is open on EventBrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/job-corps-civilian-conservation-center-career-fair-and-hiring-event-tickets-635417008377
Take advantage of the opportunity! Meet with Job Corps Recruiters, Human Resource (HR) Specialist, and Hiring Managers to learn more about the enriching careers available at Job Corps CCCs. The Forest Service is committed to creating supportive workplaces that maximizes individual potential.
Our expert HR Specialist will be leading webinars to help guide you through the application process, discuss tips for writing federal resumes and more. Sign up for our webinars in advanced to secure your seat.
Register for webinars on the Forest Service Job Corps Career Fair and Hiring Event webpage here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/working-with-us/jobs/recruitment-and-hiring/job-corps-career-fair-and-hiring-event
Job Corp CCCs provide youth ages 16 to 24 the opportunity to earn high school diplomas, GEDs, and training certifications in conservation and other vocational trades. CCCs are seeking employees at five locations across North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Each CCC is in a rural community within 90 miles of Asheville, North Carolina.
The Forest Service offers many exciting opportunities in several different career fields, such as:
- Nurse $55,118-$74,250 per year
- Nurse Health and Wellness Director $82,830-$122,459 per year
- Social Services Assistant (Residential Living $33,693-$37696 per year
- Social Services Assistant $42,022-$60,703 per year
- Social Workers/Guidance Counselors $57,118-$74,250 per year
- Teachers $57,118-$84,441
- Cooks $17.96-$$24.58 per hour
- Cook Supervisors $24.74-$34.41 per hour
Job Corps is the nation’s largest residential, educational, and career technical training program that prepares underserved youth, ranging in age from 16 to 24. Working at a CCC will provide the opportunity to harness the enormous potential of young people and make a lasting impact on the world around you while unlocking opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Applications are only accepted through www.usajobs.gov. Review the job announcement carefully for deadlines and required information to include in your application. Employment start dates vary. Applicants do not need to attend the conference to apply.
- The How to Apply webpage has helpful information to help with the application process.
- If you are interested in receiving updates about this hiring event, send an email with your name and contact information to sm.fs.HRMRecruitment@usda.gov.
- For questions about career opportunities and applications call 1-877-372-7248 (select option 2 and follow prompts). We’re open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time and closed on all Federal holidays.