The Jackson County Tourism Development Authority is working with the Visit North Carolina Farms App to increase awareness about locally produced farm items. Farms and producers can participate at no cost and the listing is free.
The goal of the mobile application is to drive additional revenue and awareness to locally produced food and items. The app currently has over 1,800 businesses from across 80-plus counties listed.
Eligible listings include Farms or Fisheries, Pick Your Own, Local Food/Drink (places that sell locally produced products or use local/regional ingredients in their dishes), Local Shops (carrying locally made items), Farm Stays Lodging, Tours and Trails, and Farmers Markets.
JCTDA Director Nick Breedlove said the benefits to being listed are numerous, but most importantly:
· Showcasing your farm on the app allows you to reach a broader audience of potential customers and repeat patrons.
· You’ll be listed among an expansive and ever-growing collection of agriculture-based offerings.
· With both a map and a list view, users will be able to easily find the farm closest to them or filter based on offerings.
· Your farm listing will feature a brief summary, engaging imagery, and push button shortcuts to call, visit your website, or get directions.
· User and member feedback ensures that the app stays relevant and up to date.
· Your farm listing gives you access to real-time marketing opportunities through push notifications to app users.
The form to be included can be completed in a matter of minutes online: https://bit.ly/jcfarms
To learn more about the VisitNC Farms program, please visit https://www.visitncfarmstoday.
If you have questions about the app or need additional assistance getting listed please call the JCTDA at 828-339-1160 or email email@example.com
Be First to Comment