Just a friendly note to remind you that both Recreation Centers are open!
The following information applies to the Cullowhee AND the Cashiers/Glenville Centers:
- Open 7:00am-7:00pm, Monday – Saturday
- Open 1:00pm-6:00pm, Sunday
- You must make a reservation by phone one day in advance prior to coming to the centers.
- You can only reserve a -hour time slot per day.
- Space is limited to the first 12 in each time slot.
- Please call 828-293-3053 x 200 to reserve at Cullowhee.
- Please call 828-631-2020 to reserve at Cashiers/Glenville.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE FACILITIES:
- Make sure you are not running a fever at or above 100.4 and/or have any flu-like symptoms.
- Bring only essential items with you (keys, phone, water bottle, work out towel, etc.)
- Masks are mandatory and will be worn in the facility with the exception of the weight rooms and basketball courts.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR USE AT THE FACILITIES:
- Weight rooms and basketball courts only.
- Basketball courts are for individual play only.
- You must bring your own basketball. No equipment will be checked out.
- Restrooms are open but the showers and lockers are closed.
- Towels will not be available. Please bring your own hand towel.
- Water fountains are closed. Please bring your own water bottle.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE FACILITIES:
- You will have your temperature taken.
- Covid screening questions will be asked.
- Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES:
- Strict physical distancing is enforced by spacing all machines (including plate-loaded machines and cable machines).
- Every other cardio machine will be available for use.
- You will be required to keep your belongings near you in a small fitness bag.
- Wiping all equipment after each use will be enforced.
- The Aerobics and Spinning Rooms will remain closed. The Multi-Purpose Room at Cullowhee will also remain closed.
- If you are a personal training client, please contact your trainer directly to make your appointment.
- Weight rooms and restrooms are thoroughly sanitized immediately after each reservation time slot and deep cleaned and sanitized between 11:45am-1:00pm.
- All Group Fitness Classes will continue online and outdoors.
- All memberships will be reactivated once the facilities are fully opened as directed by State and Local authorities.
- If you choose to utilize the facilities during the reduced capacity phase, your membership will be reactivated upon your first visit. All monthly memberships will receive a 1month extension and all 6 months and yearly memberships will be given a 7-month extension if your membership was active as of March 16, 2020 (when we were required to close).
We hope this may answer any questions you may have. Call and reserve a time slot! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Jackson County Parks and Recreation Staff