SYLVA – N.C. Department of Transportation officials recently awarded three separate contracts totaling more than $6.7 million to resurface more than 26.2 miles of roads in Graham, Jackson, Macon and Swain counties.
Trio of paving contracts awarded in WNC
WNC Paving of Waynesville has been awarded a contract to resurface 9.7 miles of N.C. 28 in Graham and Swain Counties. Crews will be allowed to begin this work on April 15 and have until Oct. 15 to complete the contract.
Harrison Construction of Asheville has been awarded a contract to resurface 5.5 miles of U.S. 64 in Jackson County from the Transylvania County line to Cedar Creek Road for $1.3 million. Crews will be allowed to begin this work on April 15 and have until Oct. 15 to complete the contract.
Harrison has been awarded another contract for $2.7 million to resurface a total of 11 miles of U.S. 64, N.C. 28 and three secondary roads in Macon County. Crews will be allowed to begin this work on March 15 and have until Oct. 15 to complete the contract.
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Franklin 8U Softball All Stars win Championship; set to compete in State tournament July 8
- North Carolina to help 975,000 kids access food during Summer 2022
- Appalachian Animal Rescue Center slated to complete new walking trail; renovate intake facility
- Highlands Chamber of Commerce/Visit Highlands, NC awards 8 grants to local organizations $101,785 invested back into communityHighlands Chamber of Commerce/Visit Highlands, NC awards 8 grants to local organizations $101,785 invested back into community
- Circles of Jackson County hosts 1st annual auction
More from Public Service AnnouncementsMore posts in Public Service Announcements »
- Operation Firecracker happening on NC roads this weekend
- Highlands PD seeking public’s assistant in locating woman wanted for questioning
- NC, TN officials promote ‘Tail of the Dragon’ safety during one-day campaign
- Highlands Police Chief warns against phone scams
- Section of N.C. 107 to be named in honor of Conrad Burrell