Katie Keener and Amber Sellino, nursing students from Southwestern Community College, and Fern Aspen, Nursing Success Coach and advisor, visited Macon Early College to speak to Mrs. Rowland’s Math III class. The Math III class is studying Rational Functions and how they relate to real life experiences. The students will be using this background information to determine drip rates for IVs, find concentrations of medicine in the bloodstream, and calculate medication dosage based on various factors. They also spoke to the students about different career options available within the nursing field, expectations of nurses, and the nursing program at SCC.
MEC students apply classroom lessons to real life scenarios
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- Jackson County Schools adds PreK classroom
- LBJ working to build community involvement after Covid19
- Jackson County Schools approve improvement plans
- Jackson County School Board approves new signs for SMHS
- Future of new Franklin High School facility; Highlands School expansion will be left to new board of commissionersFuture of new Franklin High School facility; Highlands School expansion will be left to new board of commissioners