As of August 3rd, Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital have updated their visitor guidelines to reflect the recent development in regard to COVID-19.
To reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses, we are taking the following precautions to protect our patients, staff, and visitors:
• Outpatient surgery (ASU) patients will be allowed 1 family member as a companion, patients under 18 will be allowed to have 2 parents/guardians present.
o Any patient that will be an inpatient post-op will be allowed to have 1 companion in ASU.
o Once a companion has entered ASU they cannot leave for any reason (if they leave, they will not be
allowed to return).
o ASU companions must follow the same safe at home guidelines as surgery patients for 7 days prior to surgery.
• Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) unless that patient is gravely ill, receiving hospice care/palliative care, or requires a compassionate care visit (a compassionate care visit does not “count” as a patient’s “one visitor”. **
• Inpatients (Harris and Swain) will be limited to only one visitor per day, 18 years of age or older.
• Emergency Department (Harris and Swain) will have zero visitors until further notice. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
• ICU will enforce a zero-visitor policy until further notice. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
• Harris Labor & Delivery patients will be allowed two support persons. Masks are required for all visitors.
• NICU: No sibling visitation allowed. Masks are required for all entry to the NICU.
• Lab, Radiology, Ortho, Cardiology, PT may have 1 companion.
• All approved visitors will be screened upon entry at registration, required to wear a mask, and visitor sticker indicating they have been screened.
• Visitors who answer YES to any of the screening questions or have a temperature greater than 100° F will be denied entry and be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
• Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
• Visitors are encouraged to bring their own mask, but one will be provided if necessary.
• Visiting hours will be limited to 9am-4:30pm.
• All persons regardless of vaccination status must wear a mask at all times.