Highlands Police are actively searching for information regarding a vehicle that was stolen from Laurel Street on May 22. According to police reports, a Silver Dodge Ram 1500 was stolen from the parking area at the Performing Arts Center during the evening hours on Sunday, May 22 when it was left unattended with the doors unlocked and keys inside. The stolen Dodge truck was later found abandoned in the Shortoff Road area on May 25. Police believe it was being driven by one male suspect at the time of the theft and when it was abandoned.
Highlands Police search for leads in stolen vehicle case
Security videos from the area show a white Chevrolet Van, possibly a Chevrolet Uplander, with a missing front-passenger-side hubcap involved in the theft. If anyone has any information regarding this case, they are asked to contact the Highlands Police Department at (828) 526-9431 or email Detective Tim Broughton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highlands Police Department would like to encourage everyone to take an active role in their own safety and the security of their property and belongings. Please ensure that homes and vehicles are locked when left unattended. Never leave your keys in a vehicle, and ensure that all valuables are removed or secured out of sight. While the Highlands Police Department strives to ensure a safe community, these simple steps can help us to protect you and your property from thieves by removing their opportunities for hitting an easy target.
More from Latest NewsMore posts in Latest News »
- Want to reach more customers? Our new advertising option was made with you in mind!
- Jackson County Chamber celebrates grand opening of Eagle Tax Breaks, Eagle Pack & Ship in new locationJackson County Chamber celebrates grand opening of Eagle Tax Breaks, Eagle Pack & Ship in new location
- Night to Shine returns for in person event for the first time since COVID19 Pandemic
- Community bids farewell to Commissioners Ronnie Beale, Jim Tate
- Holiday craft market and gift wrapping station scheduled for December 17