Press "Enter" to skip to content

Sylva restaurant begins clean up after grease fire 

Emergency crews were dispatched to Bogarts Restaurant in Sylva Thursday afternoon after a grease fire grew out of control. 

According to the restaurant’s post on Facebook, the fire originated in a hood system in the kitchen area. 

“There was a grease fire that got out of hand and got into the hood system. All staff and customers are accounted for and safe. Thank you for the concern and we will keep everyone updated on next steps,” said the Facebook post. 

The business is temporarily closed while staff assesses damages. 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *