As Hurricane Nicole travels northward from Florida, we are prepared – and we encourage you to do the same. The storm is expected to bring high winds and heavy rain later this evening and throughout the day tomorrow. Even if Nicole weakens as it moves north, this large storm has the potential to bring down trees and power lines all along its path through our states.
Our Carolinas workforce of around 6,000 lineworkers is ready and will repair damage and restore power as quickly as possible.
Here are some tips for you to prepare:
Please stay safe throughout this storm. You can get the latest information on our storm response on our website.
Duke Energy issues guidance as Hurricane Nicole expected to bring gusty winds and heavy rains to the Carolinas
More from Public Service AnnouncementsMore posts in Public Service Announcements »
- Comprehensive list of community groups/workshops/meetings in WNC
- Thanksgiving Safety Campaign has simple message: Buckle Up. It could save your life
- The Southern Scoop News policy for Letters to the Editor
- Cherokee Man sentenced to 14 Years for Second Degree Murder in Indian Country
- Macon voters to elect three commissioners, two school board members in November